This article may contain outdated information that is inaccurate for the current version of the game. It was last updated for Semper Fi.
Semper Fi is an official expansion to Hearts of Iron from Paradox Interactive. It was released on 06-06-2010.
- Players can now define their own Theatres with a simple dragbox system
- The new Order of Battle Browser allows quick and easy reorganization of the entire Command Hierarchy
- The Command Hierarchy is now directly represented on the map
- A new Air Superiority map mode makes strategic air warfare easy
- At game start, each country now gets to choose its own hidden Victory Conditions. Can your enemies guess your secret agenda?
- HQs under AI control now have separate aggressiveness stances for Land, Air and Naval operations
- Countries can request specific actions from their allies for unprecedented cooperation
- Technological progress can now be shared with your allies
- Brigades can now be upgraded to more advanced types (e.g. Infantry to Motorized, or Artillery to Self Propelled Artillery)
- New 1940 scenario fills a gap in the game's timeline
- Hundreds of new events added to immerse players in their own versions of World War II, comparing the unfolding alternate timeline to real history
- Mighty warships can be designated the Pride of the Fleet, which is both an opportunity and a risk
- The AI has been improved in all areas, at all levels. It will defend in depth, marshal big naval taskforces and launch multi-stage invasions. It will perform more historical diplomacy and pursue a strategic production strategy